Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Monday, December 19, 2016
What pages to fill in - in your textbook?
1. Questions on bottom of pages: 9, 29,32,47,58, page 61,73,79,83,86, 122,128,275,344, page 360 (bottom) answer: What can YOU do to avoid aggressive driving?, 377, 381.
2. PLUS all worksheets and 13 questions sheet a few pages after 384.
GOOD LUCK! Knowledge is POWER!
Safe & Defensive Driving is our aim, Mrs. Caren May
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
In order to register for Spring Driver Ed
1. print out DE application - you will find the application below
2. Fill out application completely - send a copy of your permit (your interim permit is fine) and $300 deposit to the address on application
3. Check on yeshivadriver.blogspot.com or call the hotline at 718-258-2289 for dates of orientation. (late January & early Feb)
4. You must have a permit to register for Driver Ed.
5. Orientation dates will be posted and you must attend an orientation session. You can bring your application to orientation or mail it in before hand. Remember driving times and instructors are appointed according to "First Come First Serve!"
Friday, October 21, 2016
Monday, January 18, 2016
What is the VALUE of a DRIVER EDUCATION COURSE?
1. To learn proper driving skills, increase your knowledge of safety procedures and develop correct driving habits, behaviors and skills.
2. So that you CAN DRIVE in New York City at 17 yrs. old. (without completing a driver's education course you can begin driving in NYC at 18 yrs old).
3. To REDUCE your auto insurance liability rates till age 21.
When does the Driver Ed course begin?
Fall session: September through January Spring Session: February through June.
Can you register/begin Driver Ed WITHOUT a Learner's Permit?
You can register BUT you can NOT begin driving lessons WITHOUT a Permit. Plus you must have a Learner's Permit for SIX months before you can take a road test.
How do you obtain a Learner's Permit?
You must go down to a nearby DMV - Department of Motor Vehicle office (there is one on Neptune Avenue - near the Aquarium). with an original birth certificate/passport, a social security card, check payment and parental permission to obtain a learner's permit. The internet site for the DMV is www.nysdmv.org. It is full of important information and the learner's permit application can be downloaded & printed there. You will need to pass a 20 question multiple choice test, take an eye test and be photographed. It is illegal to drive in the 5 boroughs of NY with a learner's permit. The permit is valid till age 21 and is needed for scheduling a road test.
What does the Drivers Ed course consist of?
Driving Lessons: Driving lessons are given once a week concentrating on proper driving skills and techniques while observing 'live auto situation. Driving slots are available early morning before school, after school hours, Friday and Sunday beginning at 8:30Am. Students drive in groups, so there is an opportunity to drive, learn and observe others. During driving --- cell phones or any mobile devices are prohibited and will be taken away. Be sure to exchange telephone numbers with co-drivers and instructor and to notify them in advance (24 hours minimum) if there is an change in your driving schedule. Your are personally responsible to be on time for your driving sessions and to use your time wisely. The NYS DRIVER ED program provides you with 6 HOURS of behind the wheel training as determined by law. It is advisable to keep a personal record of your driving session to insure proper time allocation.
Weekly Lectures: Girls: There are a choice of three weekly lectures - Monday, Tuesday ,Wednesday at 5:30 ONLY,. You are responsible to ATTEND one of them. Boys: Lectures are given on Friday at either 1:15 or 2:15. Lectures begin promptly, attendance is taken, a textbook (cost $20) is required, and readings, homework and tests are administered. Driver Education MV-285 is distributed ONLY when all course requirements are completed. *** It is essential to check the HOTLINE 718-258-2289 or online at yeshivadriver.blogspot.com WEEKLY for all updated news, changes or information.
How do you register for Drivers Ed?
Download/ print an application from yeshiverdriver.blogspot.co (or a permission note from a parent), copy of your PERMIT and deposit of $300 & either send to C. May a 1224 east 27th Street, bklyn 11210 or bring to a ORIENTATION/Registration session. It is preferred if you are 16 and few months at registration. Driving slots are secured according to "First come....first serve" registration.
When do you receive your MV-285 driver ed COMPLETION CERTIFICATE?
Completion Certificates are distributed at the end of the course when all requirements are completed (attendance & passed lectures, driving time, finances). This certificate qualifies your for SENIOR DRIVING privileges at age 17 and insurance reduction rates.
When can you take a ROAD TEST and begin driving?
Towards the end of DE you can schedule your road test, provided that your permit is 6 months old. Be aware that there is usually a 3-4 week wait to obtain a road test date. You may take your road test with any licensed driver over the age of 21 or opt for your instructor to accompany you for the test ($). Drivers Ed does NOT include road test appointments or service.
What is the cost of the program? $500 total
ANY QUESTIONS? email@example.com
Check our website at yeshivadriver.blogspot.com for the most updated information regarding the Shulamith Drivers' Education Program.